Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Those Words of Hers

How suprisingly good is Natasha Bedingfield's These Words? Okay, I've only heard it twice now and I don't preclude that its charm will wear off much sooner than I'd like (by the fourth listen, say), but damn if I don't just fall for that "I know the Pop Love Song is probably the most mediated message ever but I just don't know how to say what I feel so here it comes gushing out, tripping over itself, falling all around in as vulnerable a way as I can possibly express". It's also getting hip-hop radio play, as songs that boast of having hip-hop beats tend to do. Best Meta-pop since Kylie Dean's "Write Me a Song" (which wasn't very good anyway so no big deal really)? Best pop sister since...?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaiser Gestalt said...

What does it say about me that I can't get enough of the new Rammstein video?

5:33 PM  
Blogger jermaine noble said...

i hear it's kinda great and funny! i haven't heard/seen it yet.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Kaiser Gestalt said...

Amerika is Wunderbar!
(rhyming one time with wonderbra)

As for Britney's new single, isn't there an unwritten rule about using words like prerogative in pop?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home