Monday, June 27, 2005

Gullybye

Lord, sometimes I wish life could just, well, get screwed - right now I barely have the time to roll my eyes back in reverie when I listen to this, which is maybe my second favourite S&C track ever (the first is so goshdarn sublime I'm being all rockist about it and waiting til some landmark event occurs before I post it - like, say, my being alive by the end of the week). This floats by like a warm breeze on a grey day - those electric piano keyboard notes hanging in the air, near-weightless, are somehow more deeply placid than most officially sanctioned wordless gauzy ambient woosh. And I love 'day in the life' verses - "I woke up early" always brings to mind fond memories of "Life's a Bitch" (btw, Govt. Names, whose verse is that one?). I can't much afford to have lost the 24 minutes of my life that's elapsed since this starting playing (on its fifth repeat now), but I feel oddly refreshed.

3 Comments:

Blogger jermaine noble said...

it cuts off early, but don't blame me, blame the very poorly mixed (though terrific) "something to lean to pt. 4"

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post the first!!


one day i was listening to z-ro's 'help me please' and realized it was more crushing than i had given it credit for; so i went on a mission to find the s+c version and it totally kills. heavy-handedly probably but shit.


-josh

10:34 AM  
Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

Great Post but was not what I was looking for. But you really have a gread blog here. Keep it going.


I'll stop back every so often to see new updates maybe something will interest me in the future.

Have a good day.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home